Monday 2 November 2009

Tanzania


Back in Tanzania and I must say it feels quite good. Was travelling together with Ilkka from Zambia. Arriving in Dar we had to wait a bit for Christian who was picking us up from airport. Traffic situation is really bad in Dar these days. Spent a lot of time in traffic jams. It was great to meet with Christian again and nowadays he has a big house in Dar and managed to accommodate me and Ilkka. He also proudly showed the car he had imported from Japan. In evening we went for kiti moto(my favorite pork dish), think even Ilkka enjoyed it. Victor also joined us before exploring night life a bit and meeting up with my Swedish friend Anders. Saturday we took the bus to Iringa and before Iringa there is a lot of road construction going on so took extra long time, think we spen at least 9 hours on the bus before arriving. Sunday I met up with one of the university students I am gonna work with at the One Laptop per Child School. Also met up with my friends Mike and Walid and they have been very helpful in helping to get me organized. Mike who spend most of his time in Mbeya invited us to stay in his house and from Wednesday I will probably get access to one of his cars, meanwhile Walid has offered me to use his car during daytime. Today visited the school were we gonna hold the workshop and they were very welcoming so I hope things will go well. Had lunch at the finnsih family Kemppainens and got a bit updated on what is new in Iringa. Now time to find somewhere to have dinner...

1 comment:

safro_girl said...

It is good to have good friends:) Good luck w workshop and enjoy time in Iringa!!!