Sunday 25 October 2009

Lusaka, Zambia


Woke up early my first morning in Zambia and decided to go for a run. Hotel is a bit out of town and was not sure of directions but as I ran I saw some higher buildings and thought it was city centre so aimed for that. Reached there eventually but it was a bit further than expected so decided to take a taxi back to the hotel.
Had breakfast and then it was of to church as Erkki was preaching. Interesting was that there was 5 choirs and they all wanted to to get x number of songs, another interesting thing was that there was 7 chances for giving collect and each choir sang for money in a way that appeared almost as a competition between the choirs some of them was however very good. At some point I also had to introduce myself to the congregation and say a few words but it was ok as I kept it short :-)4 hours later and a big portion of träsmak in my butt the ceremon was over and everyone shaked everyones hand, so I shaked about 300 hands before getting invited to the compulsory lunch with the vice bishop.
Directly after getting back to the hotel we did planning for the workshop that we will have starting tomorrow. A crazy schedule were I will have to give a couple of lectures per day... Let's see how that will go...
Some shopping and a dinner later the day has finally come to an end and I am a bit exhausted, believe I will have some interesting and tiresome days before heading for Tanzania (probably on friday).

3 comments:

safro_girl said...

You are a fantastic story-teller:) WOW - not sure how you managed to sit still for so long, from the video it is obvious why you managed to stay awake though;-)

Dorthy said...

En underbart målad bild från Afrika. Doestorp och Komotobo har säkert varit en god skola och gett en del erfarenhet av "träsmak i baken" / DH

Anonymous said...

Gör ett nytt försök!
Du har en underbar beskrivning av livet i Afrika. Vilken god träning du fått på Komotobo och i Doestorp, med tanke på "träsmak i baken".
/ DH