Monday 2 March 2009

Winter in Joensuu


Sorry I have not been good at updating my blog but to be honest there has not been that much exciting stuff to tell. In Joensuu we still have proper winter with a lot of snow. The temperature has not been so bad lately and last week it has mostly been around -5. Days are getting a bit longer and sun is only setting around five in the afternoon. Yesterday I got invited for a Sunday lunch and it was very international with 9 participants from 9 different countries however no Finns. There was loads of good food served in the quite small kitchen and I ate until I felt like a baloon ready to burst. Luckily I found a couch on the balcony where I could find some space to lay down in order to digest all the food, but didn't take long before it got a bit to cold and I had to head back inside. On Staurday I went skiing and tried to take a picture of myself without any greater success as you can see. Also added a picture of the basket ball game I went to see as Joensuu has a good team and is leading the leauge, and it was about as exciting as watching cricket... Else from that I played badminton today with Roman and worth mentioning is that I won the game. Now time to get back to work as there is plenty to do before I can leave Joensuu. The countdown for going to Tanzania has started and looking forward to some heat and sun for a change ;-)

1 comment:

Lachen said...

Bollnäs har kommit långt både i barmarksträningen och silly season redan. Vad tror du om ryktet om Hellmyrs till Giffarna? Det var visst riktigt nära i fjol.