Thursday 26 March 2009

Back in Tanzania


Some random pictures from my first 24 hours in Tanzania. Arrived yesterday morning in Dar after travelling from Bollnäs via Stockholm and London. Once in Dar es Salaam I jumped on to a bus to Iringa for another 8+ hours to Iringa. When the bus had a breakdown half an hour from Iringa I was not to happy. But after some time bus could continue and after 34 hours I finally reached "home" to Iringa and my apartment :) Had the sunny side of the bus and was got a good sun burn on my left arm. This morning I woke up with the sun shining in my face. Lovely to see the sun and feel some heat again :) Today I got my car back from my friend Walid who has been driving it and I was happy to get it back in one piece :) Today I had a big walk in town with Barun a Nepalese student from Joensuu who traveled with me from London and will be in Iringa for couple of months. I got electricity bill sorted out and had lunch at the home of my boss Kati. In afternoon I went to University to try to sort some things like office and accommodation for Barun out, was not very successful but hope for better luck tomorrow. It is nice to be back and I have realized I have lots of friends here and many people have expressed the joy of me being back in town which feels nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your life is one of contrasts:) Enjoy the beautiful warm African climate!

Mijja said...

Nice to hear such a filly report for once :) Quite sad though that you just popped by for a few hours so we couldn't meet that much. My head still aches ;)