Sunday 27 March 2011

Kayak fishing, Strand

Today I took a kayak fishing course and it was GREAT! Surfing the waves with the kayak was awesome, had one really good ride on a wave that took me several hundreds of meters. As I was about to start the fishing a wave took me and the instructor on a roll and we lost one fishing rod and most of the bait. From nowhere a seal showed up and seemed as curious about us as we were about him/her. Eventually I anyway got to do some fishing and caught 3 fishes and one shark all of small size but still! Kept one of the fishes, which made for a good dinner. Fabulous weather contributed to make the experience even better. Debbies friend Tomas who is a photographer joined in from Cape Town and shared some of his pictures :)

Sean at www.kayakfish.co.za provided me these extra pictures from the camera that almost followed the rod to the bottom of the ocean :-)

At least some of the fun was caught also on video :)

No comments: