Wednesday 12 August 2009

Joensuu, Finland


Now in Finland and at moment in a summer school taking a course on Platforms for Stories-based learning in future schools. Been assigned a number of organizational duties and not that much sleep past days. Have had great weather until today and it just started raining. Staying at the home of my supervisor Erkki and the day I arrived he had cut down 7 trees on his yard which are all now made into fire wood and I helped out with that a couple of evenings last week. A student from Tumaini University (Fahdili) has recently arrived in Finland and last week we went to pick up Erkki's son Anton from a scout camp 180km from Joensuu. We took a small boat drive and he got his first experience at rowing. Had a couple of sauna evenings which I enjoy but soon reaching a point of over dose. On one picture you can see a for me new game football chess that I did not try myself but enjoyed watching others playing. Might try to find a tv tonight and watch the football game between Sweden and Finland which we should win in normal cases, but let's see as the Finns has a tendency to improve their level when playing against Swedes.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

A pic of you rowing and no big smile?