Wednesday 23 February 2011

Thankful

Today I visited one of the schools that we are starting a Kids' Club at. Seeing the study conditions at the school made me feel thankful that I did not have to study under those conditions. On the other hand I am sure most of the kids at this school are thankful that they have the opportunity to go to school. A friend here is voluntarily working to get sponsors for children to join this school and it cost about 20€ per student per year. A fee that might not sound high but to many of the families in the area it is still high enough not to send the kids to school. The School is not that big in size but still has 1462 students divided on only 39 teachers. As seen in one of the pictures even the yard is used as study grounds. On the way back to town I saw several mini lorries leaving town packed with people and again I was thinking that I am thankful I do not need to travel like that back and forth to work on the other hand as it is difficult to get a transport during rush hour I am guessing that they are probably thankful they managed to get a transport. Just hoping at least that none will fall of the truck.

No comments: